I’m having a MAJOR pom pom moment these days. It’s not like pom poms ever go out of style – especially when it comes to curtains and blankets – but I really just want to put pom poms on all. the. things. Baskets? Yes! Shoes? Yes! Here are a few current pom pom favorites!
1. Blabla mobile
2. Eliza Gran Studio baskets
3. Moroccan pom pom blanket
4. Proud Mary pom pom throw (and pillow!)
5. ASOS sandals
6. LEIF Striped Pom Pom Pillow
Today I’m winding down my NYNOW Summer 2015 recaps with a few more (non-stationery) highlights from the show! As much as I love stationery, I love getting to see what folks are doing with different mediums – like ceramics, textiles, and leather! Here are a few more favorites from the show:
1. Beautiful play blankets (swans!) and sheet sets (eyelashes!) from blabla kids
2. Sparkly ribbon and beautiful red scissors from Studio Carta
3. Modern wood ring boxes from Oh Dier
4. Beautiful painted wood platters and trinket dishes from The Vintage Vogue
5. Hand painted leather business card cases from Cold Gold
6. Painterly ceramics in moody blues from Jill Rosenwald
7. AMAZING new glass and copper barware accessories from Tom Dixon (WANT)!
8. Beautiful new colors and fun patterns from Baggu
9. Minimalist ceramic wall pockets and vases from Ovo Ceramics
10. Beautiful porcelain dinnerware and trinket dishes with gold details from Redraven Studios
All photos by Nole Garey for Oh So Beautiful Paper
I’m in LOVE with these colorful fabric banners from Sharp Tooth Studio! Of course I love the “sisters” and “unicorn” banners for my girls’ room, but I wouldn’t mind having one of the larger banners for my office! So good.
More over at Sharp Tooth Studio!
These gorgeous wood pieces from Wind & Willow Home are equal parts functional object – from wood bowls to spoons to planters – and absolute work of art. Each piece is hand dipped in food-safe rubber in colors inspired by the season. Wind & Willow Home just released their Winter 2014 collection, which also includes a couple of copper and silver leaf bowls – and a whole new line of marbled textile goods!
So pretty, right? Check out the full collection right here!
I mentioned last week that we’ve been doing a lot around the house in preparation for Baby No. 2. And while I’m still dreaming about some of our bigger projects, most of the current tasks aren’t all that much fun or pretty – there’s lots of shelf hanging, hole patching, and other little odds and ends going on. It’s all absolutely necessary, but sometimes I just want to bring something pretty into the mix! Back in February we had custom built-ins installed in our living room (which I need to photograph and share with you!), which left a corner of our living room begging for a nice little reading nook. I inherited a couple of antique chairs from my grandmother before she passed a few years ago, so I’m just on the hunt for the perfect floor lamp to complete this little corner!
Photo by Brittany Ambridge via Domino from Ali Cayne’s Home Tour (again!)
Photo by Clive Tompsett Photography for Sköna Hem via sfgirlbybay
Photo by Michael Partenio / Design by Erin Gates and Styling by Stacy Kunsel via Better Homes & Gardens
Cozy living room via Design Sponge
Right now I’m leaning towards either a tripod floor lamp or task floor lamp. A tripod lamp would provide a bit more ambient lighting, which we need in that corner, but I do like the coziness of a task lamp. Either way, I want something with a fairly small footprint (a big arc light won’t work in our space) and a style that isn’t too traditional or fussy. Here’s what I’ve found so far:
1. Land of Nod Cinema Tripod Floor Lamp; 2. Urban Outfitters Stella Floor Lamp; 3. Crate & Barrel Astor Floor Lamp; 4. Ikea Hektar Floor Lamp; 5. Shades of Light Rustic Wood Arc Lamp; 6. West Elm Telescoping Floor Lamp; 7. Schoolhouse Electric Miles Floor Lamp; 8. Blu Dot Perimeter Floor Lamp (probably too modern for us, but I love the pop of color!); 9. Beaded Ball Floor Lamp via Chairish; 10. Robert Abbey Brass Pharmacy Lamp via Lamps Plus; 11. Pottery Barn Mercury Glass Task Floor Lamp; 12. Schoolhouse Electric Mulberry Tripod Lamp
Have any of you found any really great floor lamps lately that you’d like to share? I’m still on the hunt!