Last year, I shared the reveal of our backyard makeover. We’ve made a few major improvements over the four years that we’ve lived in our home, including building a pergola over the backyard and installing central air conditioning (no more window units, yay!). Earlier this spring, we put in all new windows, which are now black on the outside – I loooooooooove them so much! I owe you guys new photos! But sadly, our DIY outdoor coffee table that you saw in last year’s reveal didn’t make it through the winter, so I’m now on the hunt for a new outdoor coffee table – and I thought I’d take you on the journey along with me!
Photo Credit: Yetta Reid Photography from Our Backyard Makeover
Our backyard is long and narrow, so I’m looking for either another round coffee table or a narrow rectangular coffee table with a fairly small footprint. I’m hoping to avoid most of the plastic wicker outdoor furniture that we see in most big box stores these days, and I’d love to bring in something with a modern vibe to balance the traditional architecture of our 1920s home. I’m thinking of lighter wood tones paired with a black powder coated base (and maybe staining our current wood bench black??) or cement for durability. But I also found a couple of pretty mosaic options! Here’s what I’ve found so far:
From top left:
1. This round coffee table looks like carved stone, but is made from resin and fiberglass – so it’s freeze- and mildew- resistant!
2. + 3. I love that Article is expanding into outdoor furniture! They have two solid outdoor coffee table options with really modern, clean lines in both a rectangle and round shape.
4. I love the clean lines of this industrial chic coffee table, and I feel like it’s a classic shape that we could enjoy for years to come.
5. + 6. Hello, beautiful mosaic tables! This CB2 table has a glamorous capiz shell mosaic with brass hairpin legs, but I love the deep teal tones in this mosaic table from Anthropologie (and it’s currently on sale!)
7. I love, love, love the white washed finish on this rectangular coffee table
8. A cement top paired with a wood base in this Safavieh coffee table (found on Amazon!)
9. I like the juxtaposition of the more traditional shape paired with a modern cement finish on this coffee table (from the Home Depot!)
Okay, help me decide! Which one should I pick??? I’m kind of leaning towards 4, 7, or 9 – but it’s so hard to choose! Also, if any of you have found any stylish outdoor coffee tables lately, please share them in the comments! I’m still on the hunt!