We’ve often waxed poetic about our love of gold, holographic, and rose gold foil on wedding invitations and greeting cards, but today we thought we’d sing the praises of copper foil! Copper has a striking beauty all its own (case in point: this stunning skirt from Proenza Schouler or this sleek light fixture from Anthropologie), and is quickly making a home for itself in the stationery world. I’m especially loving the use of copper on dark backgrounds (so modern!). Here is a collection of some recent favorites:
From top left:
1. A copper foil cocktail on gorgeous blush pink paper from Fox & Fallow
2. Fun striped copper foil party plates from Bash Party Goods!
3. The combination of hand lettering and copper foil in this birthday card from Hello!Lucky is the perfect balance of elegance and fun
4. If you’re behind on your Valentine’s day greetings (or missed all three of our earlier posts), might you consider this simple, yet direct, message from The Social Type.
5. The copper is the whiskey…get it? This clever usage comes courtesy of Idlewild Co.
6. Stunning metallic cotton ribbon from Angela Liguori
7. Toss some of this copper confetti from Knot & Bow into a greeting card for a fun surprise – or sprinkle it on a table at your next party!
8. I’ve been a fan of printmaker Katharine Watson’s work for awhile now and I love that she moved in the foil space.
9. Meg from Moglea always comes up with the most amazing color stories and combinations, so it’s not surprising that she was an early adopter of this metallic trend.
10. Now, this is what I’m talking about: copper foil on gray paper is so fresh. Add some illustrated flowers and you’ve got yourself a winner. By Kelsey Garrity Riley for Red Cap Cards.
What’s your favorite metallic foil these days? Classic silver or modern gold? Are you loving copper foil, or feeling all things holographic? Let us know in the comments below!