Oh So Beautiful Paper accepts submissions from independent artists, graphic designers, calligraphers, stationers and invitation studios, photographers, and brides. I also welcome DIY submissions! Please read the full submission guidelines below before submitting your product or invitations for editorial consideration. Any submission that incorrectly spells the word stationery will be automatically rejected. All submissions must be sent to our submissions email address – submissions sent to any other email address will be deleted.
IMPORTANT: Due to the high volume of submissions, we are currently unable to respond with regrets for general submissions (greeting cards, shop updates, etc.). For custom design or exclusive submissions, we will notify you of our decision at our earliest opportunity. Due to the high volume of email and submissions, we ask that you please do not send follow-up emails regarding the status of your submission. If necessary, we will contact you for additional information regarding your submission. Please limit custom project submissions to one (1) project per email and a total of three (3) submissions at any one time.
Oh So Beautiful Paper warmly welcomes submissions in the following areas:
- Wedding Invitations and Save the Dates
- Party Invitations (birthdays, showers, bar/bat mitzvahs, etc.)
- Baby Announcements
- Moving Announcements
- Business Cards
- General Stationery, Artwork, and Greeting Cards
- Holiday Cards + Calendars (please see below for our holiday editorial calendar)
Oh So Beautiful Paper respectfully does not accept the following for editorial consideration:
- Press Releases
- PDFs or digital mock ups
- Kickstarter campaigns
Exclusivity Requirements: Oh So Beautiful Paper is dedicated to showcasing fresh and original content, particularly features on custom design projects and real wedding invitations. Editorial priority will be given to products or designs submitted exclusively to Oh So Beautiful Paper. Please indicate in your email if your submission is currently awaiting decision from another blog or media outlet. Oh So Beautiful Paper reserves the right to reject submissions that have already been submitted or featured elsewhere. If your submission is accepted for publication, please allow a minimum of one week after publication before submitting your design for publication on another blog. Exclusivity requirements do not apply to seasonal stationery products such as holiday cards and calendars.
If you think your product or service would suit the Oh So Beautiful Paper audience, please email me with the information and images requested below.
General Submission Guidelines
- A minimum of 5-8 attached images. Please do not send links to Google drive, dropbox folders, or online shops or galleries.
- All images should be 640 pixels wide, less than 1MB per image.
- Please include a link to your website/shop, as well as a short description of your company.
Custom Design Submissions (Wedding/Party Invitations, Save the Dates, Baby Announcements, etc.)
- Please submit ONE custom design project per email. We regret that we are unable to “preview” submissions to Oh So Beautiful Paper. Any incomplete submissions may be bounced for any missing information or rejected completely.
- 8-10 attached images of a specific project, including at least one photo of the entire invitation suite or project assembled together and detail shots of unique design elements. Please do not send links to Google drive, dropbox folders, or online galleries.
- All images should 640 pixels wide. Strong preference for vertical images for custom design submissions. We recommend cropping images to a 4:5 ratio for horizontal images and 3:4 ratio for vertical images.
- Submissions should include the following images: 1) at least one image of the full invitation suite or announcement with all enclosures, envelopes, etc.; 2) detail (close up) photos of any enclosures, including RSVP cards, reception cards, maps, etc.; 3) detail (close up) photos of any envelopes (including postage stamps), envelope liners, especially if calligraphy or special seals are used in the suite; 4) detail photos showcasing any special printing or production techniques, including edge painting, foil stamping, etc.
- Photos should be taken from a straight-on perspective, with photos taken from an angle only to showcase edge painting details, letterpress printing impressions, foil stamping details, or other special embellishments.
- Submissions must include the name and website of any design or print studios, calligraphers, illustrators, etc. that you worked with during the production process, if applicable.
- A description (minimum of 250 words) of the inspiration behind the design and any relevant information about the production process.
- Important: Photos must be of good quality and should be taken using natural or professional light to allow for the best possible photographs. Any blurry, out of focus, or grainy photos will be rejected. We strongly recommend styling your photos to showcase the design in the best possible way. Oh So Beautiful Paper reserves the right to request photo re-shoots if necessary prior to any editorial features. We do not accept watermarked images.
- If submitting photos taken by a professional photographer, please confirm in your e-mail that you have approval from the photographer (as the copyright holder for the images) to submit the photographs for blog publication.
Designer Rolodex Submissions
The Designer Rolodex is a curated, invitation-only directory of wedding invitation designers. You can find more information and an application link right here.
Holiday Editorial Calendar
Oh So Beautiful Paper currently does seasonal features on the following products: calendars and planners, holiday and new year cards, valentine’s day cards, easter cards, mother’s day cards, father’s day cards, and halloween cards. Designers are welcome to submit their products for consideration in these round-ups. Normal image guidelines apply; please submit one photo of each holiday card.
Please submit cards 1-2 months prior to the actual holiday (e.g. Valentine’s Day cards should be submitted no later than early January). I accept Christmas/Hanukkah/New Year’s card submissions beginning in mid-October. I accept calendar submissions for the following year beginning in August.
Please note, you MUST have an online shop where my readers can purchase your cards. If you are a wholesale-only company, please provide a link to an online retailer where your products may be purchased.
Note: Oh So Beautiful Paper reserves the right to edit any photos submitted for editorial consideration, including but not limited to: cropping, re-sizing, brightening, and hue/saturation adjustments. Oh So Beautiful Paper also reserves the right to edit descriptive text submitted for editorial consideration, including but not limited to spelling and grammar corrections.
Have you previously been featured on Oh So Beautiful Paper? Feel free to download one of our badges here!
New Year’s Eve is just around the corner, and I think it would be so fun to incorporate disco balls into a New Year’s Eve party – or even a winter wedding! Lauren made these fun disco ball place cards a couple of summers ago, and I’m sharing some favorite disco ball ideas in my latest eBay guide! You can also find a whole bunch of disco balls in every size and other fun metallic party decorations in my collection of New Year’s Eve decorations right here!
And with that, I’m signing off for the holiday weekend! I’ll be popping in here early next week with a couple of New Year’s Eve DIYs, then taking the rest of the week for some much-needed family time (and also to finish up our bathroom renovation!). I’ll be back here on January 4 with brand new posts along with a recap of some favorite posts from 2015. I hope you all have a very merry Christmas and a wonderful holiday weekend!
Christmas and New Year’s Eve are just a few days away, which means I have holiday dinners and parties on the brain! For my latest eBay guide I’m sharing a recipe for a classic Martini, which also happens to be SUPER easy to make ahead of time in large batches. Which means that you can actually socialize at your party without being chained to your bar cart all night – making it perfect for holiday parties and gatherings any time of year. Yay! You can check out the recipe right here!
It really doesn’t get much more classic than the Martini – a sharp, refreshing, and very boozy drink. You can check out the guide right here – and enjoy the original recipe for one of the all time classics over the holidays!
Happy Monday everyone! Since it’s Christmas week and all, I thought it would be fun to share these cozy Christmas Eve wedding invitations from Lauren at Darling + Pearl! With metallic silver envelopes, burgundy ink, wool yarn to tie everything together, and gorgeous envelope calligraphy, these invitations are perfect for a winter gathering!
From Lauren: This invitation suite was inspired by Christmastime in the Northeast: warm and cozy sweaters, hot chocolate, seasonal baked goods, cocktails, friends and family all gathering around an adorable little christmas tree farm for a winter wedding. The invitation and reply cards are letterpress printed with and additional enclosure that adds a really great graphic element and keeps everything exciting.
The envelope calligraphy was done by Therese Swift Hahn of Bella Scrittura. Everything was wrapped in merino wool yarn (kinda like a little present) to lend another nod to the season and the envelope liners bring in dash of metallic silver that complements Therese’s work on the reply envelopes.
Design and Letterpress Printing: Darling + Pearl
Envelope Calligraphy: Therese Swift Hahn of Bella Scrittura
Photo Credits: Darling + Pearl