Memorial Day is considered the unofficial start of summer, which means BBQs, picnics, cookouts, and generally spending lots of time outdoors enjoying gorgeous early summer weather! And if you’re in need of delicious summer cocktails to serve (or bring to) your Memorial Day get-together, we’ve got you covered! I’ve picked a few of my favorite recipes that would be wonderful Memorial Day cocktails, from watermelon smashes to frozen cocktails to a Tiki sangria!
From the top left:
1. I can’t think of anything that says “Summer” more than watermelon and basil. Put them together with some rum and simple syrup in this Watermelon-Basil Rum Smash and you’ve got the perfect drink for summer cookouts!
2. Forget everything you think you know about blended frozen cocktails from the grocery store. The Missionary’s Downfall is a blended frozen cocktail with mint, rum, and a bunch of other delicious ingredients. What could be better??
3. Everyone loves a mojito. Add a bit of basil for a Basil-Mint Mojito and they’ll love it even more!
4. This South Seas Sling is refreshing and tropical – and one of my all time favorite cocktail recipes. If you’re feeling extra fancy, add a pineapple stir stick or fresh flower garnish!
5. We’re big fans of all things Tiki here at Oh So Beautiful Paper. This Tiki Sangria is unlike anything your guests have ever tasted before – and it’s guaranteed to earn rave reviews!
6. Watermelon is basically a required ingredient for Memorial Day BBQs, right? We love this Frozen Salted Watermelon Margarita for a refreshing treat all summer long!
A little bonus recipe: Gin Rickeys are a classic summer cocktail, and you can try adding your favorite shrub to put your own spin on the classic Rickey! We used a watermelon mint shrub to make this Watermelon-Mint Gin Rickey!
If you’re still looking for the perfect cocktail recipe, you can browse our cocktail recipe archives here!
Memorial Day also has another meaning . . .
Hi Samantha – I’m more than aware of the true meaning of Memorial Day, as my husband works for the Department of Defense and I have many veterans in my family. But thanks for the reminder!
Comments are closed.