September is my big milestone month. Yesterday I celebrated my 32nd birthday. Sophie’s first birthday (!!!) is a week from today. On Sunday, Oh So Beautiful Paper will celebrate its 5th anniversary. Oh, and while I’m at it, Andrew and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary in May and I celebrated 3 years of self-employment in early July. Anyway, I normally reserve my goal setting for the end of the year, but I’ve been in an introspective mood these last few weeks. So, a few thoughts before we get to our weekly round up…
Photo Credit: Sweetapolita
The truth is: as many wonderful things happened in my 31st year, it has been quite a struggle. I’ve struggled to find my footing as a working mother, struggled to manage caring for my child with growing my business, and struggled to regain a sense of normalcy after our big move back in March. I made it through Sophie’s first year of life, but just barely. So today I’m looking forward to a new age and a new year, hopefully filled with a little less anxiety and a bit more peacefulness. I don’t like to focus on anything negative here because, well, this blog is my happy place, but like anyone else I need to grow and evolve. Reflect and make changes. I’d like to share some of those changes here, with all of you. I’ve always shared things that inspire me beyond invitations and stationery, but I’d also like to share a little bit more of me here. I mean, it’s been five years… it would probably be nice if you actually knew me, right? I don’t entirely know what that means just yet, but stay tuned!
As always, a few links for your weekend:
- Between Joy, Jordan, and my friends Amber and Emily, I’m absolutely dying to have my own studio space!
- Completely in love with this timeline that Melanie put together for her 7 year anniversary
- Being gentle to ourselves. YES.
- A gorgeous boathouse wedding. And oh hey! The bride used one of our DIY tutorials for her invitations!
- Super cute printable geometric gift boxes
This week on Oh So Beautiful Paper:
- Theo’s adorable mini flip book first birthday party invitations
- Party Paper: A row, row, row your boat party!
- Dramatic and elegant soirée invitations with metallic foil on black chipboard
- Vibrant and colorful destination wedding invitations
- Well Said Type: Cantoni Calligraphy Font (and a big discount!)
- Lots of ideas for incorporating award ribbons into your day-of wedding stationery
- Art Deco-inspired screen printed wedding invitations (and a glimpse of the process behind the scenes!)
- Pretty + Paper: Inspired by the loveliest shade of lavender
- Love these interactive comic book strips for kids from The Mu
- Our spring family session with Adam Barnes
A big welcome to the newest member of the Designer Rolodex: Julie Song Ink!
Check back soon for this week’s cocktail! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and I’ll see you back here next week! xoxo