There are a lot of fun activities associated with birthdays, but for me, the excuse to pile on the sugar tops the list. Whether you prefer birthday cake to cupcakes, donuts to pie, there are endless ways to celebrate! Have a friend with a birthday coming up? Whip up an extra delicious treat (this one sounds pretty perfect) and pair it with a corresponding dessert-inspired card design! From anthropomorphic slices of cake to a triple stacked ice cream cone, we’re rounding up some awesome dessert birthday cards. Yum! – Shauna
From top left:
1. This smiling cake is sure to make anyone’s birthday just a little bit sweeter. From Hello!Lucky.
2. This risograph printed design doesn’t mince words (or delicious sugary images). From another San Francisco-based stationer, Yellow Owl Workshop.
3. Treat yourself to this fun scratch off donut birthday greeting card courtesy of Inklings Paperie.
4. This Idlewild Co. design looks almost too delicious to send. I wish I knew what real life pastries these were based on!
5. Isn’t the entire point of baking for friends so that you can partake too? Mr. Boddington definitely agrees.
6. This Shannon Kristen painted birthday design would make a delectable side dish to a real life matching one.
7. Say it with ice cream, or don’t say it all all. Especially a triple decker number from Anne & Kate.
8. Don’t let gluten hold you back! Embrace the gluten-free diet with this hand-lettered design from Smudge Ink.
9. Richie Design offers two items with universal appeal: cupcakes and letterpress printed greeting cards.
10. Loving this clever play on everyone’s favorite 50 cent birthday number. By the clever cats over at Ladyfingers Letterpress.
11. This sweet illustrated monkey offers up just as sweet a birthday treat. From JooJoo Paper.
12. More puns and more cake from Grove Street Press. What could be wrong?!