Oh, the festival of lights! As a kid, I couldn’t wait to open my Hanukkah gifts. As an adult, I can’t wait for a guilt-free way to enjoy fried foods (pro-tip: if you are planning to make latkes at home, be sure to open all your windows BEFORE you start cooking). Whatever your personal motivation, sharing a joyful message with loved ones is what the holiday is really all about. We’ve rounded up some of our favorite iconography associated with the holiday including chocolate, misspellings, and the aforementioned fried foods (and yes, a few traditional icons such as dreidels and menorahs as well) to bring you a few awesome Hanukkah cards. – Shauna
1. Hanukkah begins on Christmas Eve this year, so this play on a famous Christmas carol feels especially appropriate – from People I’ve Loved.
2. Really appreciating the tight registration and geometric details of this three color letterpress card from Hammerpress.
3. Egg Press celebrates the sweeter side of the holiday with a gelt-themed design.
4. If simple and elegant is more your bag, you can’t go wrong with Los Angeles-based Sugar Paper.
5. Loving this clever bird menorah (letterpressed in four colors!) from husband and wife team Fugu Fugu Press.
6. Most Hanukkah cards feature a menorah, but this folk-inspired one from Hello!Lucky is one of my favs.
7. This Lark + Raven card made me laugh out loud. Perfect for your friend who celebrates Hanukkah and Christmas!
8. Paula and Waffle, you had me at cheese latkes.
9. Speaking of latkes, a good food pun is also always a good idea (from One Canoe Two).
10. ‘However you spell it, we’ll celebrate it!’ with holographic foil! This super fun design comes courtesy of Ladyfingers Letterpress.
11. For those purists out there, this gold foil menorah from E. Frances Paper is a sure win.
We’ll be back soon with a few more holiday cards, New Year’s cards – oh, and a few 2017 calendars, too!