We’ve made countless summer cocktails over the years (you can find all of our cocktail recipes here!), but with the Fourth of July coming up on Monday I thought I’d share a few of my very favorite recipes. It was hard to pick just a few favorites. Summer cocktails are full of wonderful, refreshing things like fresh fruit, mint and basil, and soda water. And then there are Tiki drinks with big tropical flavors! Well, it’s good to have options, right?? Consider this your menu for Fourth of July cocktail recipes and pretty much every weekend for the rest of the summer.
1. Summer was made for smashes (aka cocktails with lots of muddled fruit), so there are several making an appearance on this list. The first one – a Blackberry Tequila Smash – tastes like a fun and fruity spin on a margarita.
2. You can’t go wrong with a Classic Mojito during the summer. Mint, rum, lime juice, and soda water = perfection on a hot and sunny day.
3. I’m kind of obsessed with turning cocktails into snow cones – especially for parties! Tiki drinks are perfect for cocktail snow cones, like this Zombie Snow Cone with like twelve different kinds of rum.
4. This Sage-Lime Tequila Smash is a light and refreshing cocktail – and a nice alternative to mint!
5. The Classic Mai Tai is a favorite in our household. Did you know that yesterday was National Mai Tai Day? There’s still time for a belated celebration this weekend!
6. We’ve only done one milkshake cocktail so far – this Boozy Piña Colada Milkshake – but this one was so good, I feel like we need to do a few more, STAT!
7. One of our all time FAVORITE cocktail recipes: the Orange-Vanilla Bean Scotch Smash. It doesn’t have your typical summer flavor profile, but this recipe is so good you’ll want to drink it all year long.
8. For any whiskey fans, here’s a Basil-Mint Peach Bourbon Smash that mixes oaky Bourbon with peaches and refreshing basil and mint leaves!
p.s. Even more Summer (and Fourth of July) cocktail recipes from last year’s round up right here!