March is Women’s History Month, and today is International Women’s Day. Last year, we marked the occasion with A Day Without a Woman, but this year I wanted to focus on something a bit more proactive. So I’m sharing a stationery round up focused on supporting and empowering women, from art prints to notebooks to greeting cards. Dear Hancock just released this stunning print with illustrations of the imagined desks of twelve historical women who provided great contributions to Fashion, Science, Astronomy, Art, Design, Aviation, Literature, Primatology and Women’s History. Dear Hancock worked with the foundations of each woman to create the illustrations, and prints with some of the individual illustrations (like the Georgia O’Keeffe desk) are being carried in their museum gift shops. Proceeds from the print will be donated to Time’s Up!
From the top, left to right; Sonia Delaunay, Dian Fossey, Vera Rubin, Amelia Earhart, Rosie the Riveter, Marie Curie, Frida Kahlo, Ray Eames, Athena, Georgia O’Keeffe, Jane Austen and Mary Shelley.
And even more lady power stationery for International Women’s Day:
From top right:
1. One of four illustrated cards from Paper Parade celebrating International Women’s Day, with messages of women’s empowerment, friendship, and encouragement.
2. I’m absolutely loving the entire International Women’s Day collection from Cardtorial, with notebooks and cards featuring different quotes and phrases in collaboration with several lettering artists – like this design in collaboration with Anne Robin!
4. We all get by with a little help from our friends – and I need at least half a dozen of these cards from Emily McDowell
6. Dahlia Press has so many fantastic cards and art prints celebrating women’s empowerment, including this beautiful silhouette card with hand lettering. I also love this set of illustrated postcards for political advocacy.
7. Pick your favorite inspiring female figure in this Boss Ladies series from Boss Dotty
8. Pink power suits and an Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt reference in this card from Party Sally
9. The future is female indeed, from Dahlia Press
10. The perfect card for your favorite boss lady from Ladyfingers Letterpress