10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2….New Year’s cards! The beginning of the year is the perfect excuse to send out a card – especially if your pre-Christmas schedule is a bit too hectic to get Christmas cards out on time. Plus, who doesn’t love sparkles, champagne, and the optimism of a fresh start? Whether you plan to attend a glamorous party or watch the ball drop from the comfort of your own home, New Year’s Eve is a time to look ahead, be hopeful and affect change. Wherever your evening takes you, sharing an encouraging sentiment with loved ones about the year ahead is a great way to start the year off right… let the festivities begin!
1. How do I score an invitation to this magical It’s a Small World-inspired new years eve party? This beauty is illustrated by Lesley Barnes for Red Cap Cards.
2. While I’ll never tire of saying “see you next year” on December 31st, I’m tempted to add this choice phrase from 417 Press to my repertoire of #dadjokes.
3. The ladies of Hello!Lucky continue to share my never-ending love of food puns.
4. Sparkling. Die Cut. Top Hat. (Thanks to The Social Type for reminding us that glitter foil is always a good idea).
5. Egg Press invites you to “Have a Flippin’ Great New Year”! Perhaps a resolution of going to more yoga classes is in order?
6. Yes Way Rosé from Wolf & Wren Press. This is definitely what I’ll be drinking come new years eve!
7. The perfect way to accessorize your best New Years ensemble from Smudge Ink.
8. Cheers to a bright sunny future and (subtle Illuminati references) (via Hammerpress).
9. Splatter paint and cut out letters from San Francisco-based Yellow Owl Workshop.
10. While gold foil is a good idea all year long, it seems more appropriate for this time of year. Smock has upped their take on the classic message with a unique shape and gray paper.