When it comes to storage, it’s always a good idea to think vertically. Desk space can be taken up quickly, and when that happens, don’t forget about your walls! There are so many great wall mounted organizers on the market now, and they come in a variety of configurations and styles. Now a messy workspace won’t be your hang-up with the help of these these handy wall organizers. – Julie
1. three by three Peggy White Board from Crate & Barrel
2. Large surplus wall shelf from Land of Nod
3. Universal Expert notice board from West Elm
4. Large pocket bulletin board from Houzz
5. Pocket strip organizer from See Jane Work
6. Universal Expert textile hanging organizer from West Elm
There are some things that are becoming increasingly difficult to come by. I know this because I was looking long and hard for an address book for quite some time. I realized it was a good idea to have a hardcopy of my contacts when I couldn’t recite phone numbers of even my closest friends. Luckily, there are still a few fun, quirky, and even classically stylish address books out there. Better snatch one up while you still can! – Julie
1. Little Black Book from Graphic Image
2. The Mini Black Book from russell+hazel
3. Vintage (!!) address book charm from Etsy
4. Paperthinks recycled leather address book from Amazon
5. Letterpress Address Card Set from See Jane Work
6. Semikolon business card file from Amazon
p.s. [Ed Note: Moleskine also makes a clean and modern address book – you can find them on Amazon here!]
There’s no quicker way to instantly tidy up a desk than by corralling all bits and pieces onto a desk tray. What was once a mishmash of supplies suddenly becomes an organized vignette worthy of an Instagram post. The great thing about a desk tray is that it can be anything. As long as it can hold its own (and all of your supplies) while adding a little style to your workspace. – Julie
1. Kate Spade acrylic desk tray from See Jane Work
2. Love letter trays from West Elm
3. Brass tray from ferm LIVING
4. Acrylic tray from russell+hazel
5. Vintage desk tray from Present&Correct
6. Bent wood tray from Present&Correct
A well-designed planner or agenda has historically been a design white whale: a rumor on the wind but nearly impossible to find in reality. But in the past few years designers have (thankfully) stepped up their game with some really gorgeous options! So here are a few options for those of you still on the hunt for a beautiful way to stay organized in 2015 – and you can find a few more (28 total!) in the full 2015 planner round up right here!
1. The always gorgeous 2015 planner from Laurel Denise
2. The Ban.do 17-month agenda sold out super fast – but if you’re lucky you can still find some local retailers with a copy!
3. Fun preppy patterns from Sarah Pinto
4. This planner from Paper Source features a fun color palette of mint and gold foil!
5. + 6. Julia Kostreva has several gorgeous everyday planners that can be used during any year (I’m partial to this marbled indigo and gold foil design) and this minimalist 2015 planner
7. I love the cover of this Kate Spade planner!
8. The Day Designer – simply put: the most well thought out heavy duty planner I’ve ever seen (with gorgeous design to boot!) Most editions sell out super fast – so be sure to get on the waiting list if you want a copy!
I refuse to let go of some things; calculators are one of those things. I’ve used the app that comes standard on phones, but there’s something about the tactile act of pressing the keys that lets me get into a flow in a way I never could on a touchscreen. (I also can’t get over the accuracy issue. I always mess up on the phone!) After attending my first NSS a few years ago, it became obvious that with some work, it’s just better to have an actual calculator in hand. Luckily there are still plenty of great options out there for those of use who like to crunch those numbers the old school way. – Julie
1. Eco-calculator by Poppin
2. Slim small calculator from neo-utlity
3. Mobile calculator by IDEA International
4. Slip-on calculator from Anthropologie
5. Braun calculator from The Future Perfect
6. Lexon bamboo calculator from See Jane Work