Happy Friday everyone! How was your first week of 2017? I spent most of the week cleaning out my office and trying to mentally prepare myself to dive into 2017. The last couple of years have felt VERY chaotic, both personally and professionally, so this year I’m trying to take a step back and focus on building a foundation that will help me grow and move forward in an intentional way. I know we all project a positive, happy, and successful vibe on blogs and social media, but behind the scenes life often feels like the exact opposite! So, last summer, I signed up for Shanna Skidmore’s Blueprint Model program to help me build that foundation. I’m only about two thirds of the way through the 12-week program, but it has been absolutely invaluable in helping me figure out the direction I want to take, both with my business and my life (more on that sometime soon!), and some of the key ingredients missing from my business model. Anyway, I’m looking forward to finishing the final third of the program while things are still fairly quiet in January, and if any of you are interested in doing something similar for your business, I’d definitely encourage you to sign up for the next 12 week round – registration opens today and runs through January 12! And you can even get $100 off your registration with code “THEYTOLDMETOO” at checkout. And if that wasn’t enough, Shanna is offering one-on-one sessions for the first 25 people that sign up. Go NOW! But in the meantime…
…a few links for your weekend:
- How stamps get designed. I think this is just the coolest thing ever.
- Just totally obsessed with this vase – and this matching terrarium
- The holidays may be over, but I totally want to try Ashley’s recipe for dairy-free Milk Punch (made with almond milk!)
- Have any of you tried a facial cleansing oil? I tend to get really dry skin in the winter months, so I’m very curious!
- Can I please get this sweater in my size?? (I’m totally getting one for Sophie – and it’s 40% off with code MUSTSHOP!)
- The invisible workload. I found this article super interesting. I’m sure in some homes it’s the husband who does most of the invisible thinking work, not to mention households with couples of the same gender, but I’m guessing in most homes the invisible work generally falls to one person. In my home, my husband helps keep track of our grocery list, but I keep track of pretty much everything else. What do you think? Is it the same for you?
This week on Oh So Beautiful Paper:
- Brand new January illustrated wallpaper for your phone and desktop!
- These wedding invitations combine soft watercolor illustrations with rustic mountain scenery
- Don’t forget to send out your post-holiday thank you notes!
- How to bring Pantone’s 2017 Color of the Year into your wedding
- A little inspiration for 2017 (courtesy of Mary Poppins) in the fun new brush lettering font Tropical
- Elegant blush and gold letterpress wedding invitations
That’s it for us this week! Have a fabulous weekend, and I’ll see you back here next week! xoxo