Happy Friday everyone! A huge thanks to Nichole for her AMAZING guest posts on OSBP this week. Tomorrow I’m heading up to New York for the summer NYNOW market. I’m going to try to pop in here once or twice next week, but otherwise be sure to follow me on Instagram to see all my finds from the show.
On a much sadder note, I’ve spent quite a bit of time this week looking at the videos and images coming out of Aleppo, Syria and the situation is absolutely desperate right now. Aleppo is a city of 300,000 people, of which 120,000 are children, and they are suffering more than I can even begin to fathom at the hands of the Syrian government. Ten thousand children have already died in the conflict, from air strikes, starvation, and lack of medicine –4,500 of them from Aleppo alone. The Syrian government continues to drop bombs and chemical weapons on its own people every single day. As a mother, I’m heartbroken by the images of dead and wounded children coming out of Aleppo, but I’m also outraged that the international community has failed to intervene. I’m planning to say a bit more about this as soon as I can gather my thoughts, but in the meantime, please look at the hashtags (here, here, here, and here), read the media reports (the New York Times seems to have the best coverage at the moment), and, if you can, please donate to UNICEF.
On a lighter note, a few links for your weekend:
- I’ve been loving the posts about the new Oh Happy Day studio! Such a gorgeous space.
- I popped into my local Anthro store this week and fell head over heels for this dress
- OREO rice krispies treats! My two favorite sugary treats in one.
- Some good tips in here
- Oooohh…. lavender gingham gets me every time. I also like this blue version.
- Both Lionheart Prints and Blackbird Letterpress are helping raise funds for Louisiana flood relief efforts. You can also donate here.
- MAKE: Blueberry-blackberry turnovers (perfect for all those in-season berries!)
This week on Oh So Beautiful Paper:
- DIY Shibori-inspired watercolor placemats
- The ULTIMATE GUIDE on how to style stationery for photography
- Absolutely gorgeous copper and leather wedding invitation inspiration
- Behind the Stationery with Coral Pheasant (including a peek at her home studio!)
- Unique and memorable save the date ideas
- Wedding Invitation 101, Part 2: A wedding stationery timeline
- Library-inspired wedding stationery
That’s it for us this week! We’ll be back later this afternoon with this week’s cocktail recipe! xoxo