As much as I grumble about housing prices and other various DC-related headaches, this week reminded me of how much I really do love my city. We took Sophie to the Natural History Museum for the first time, mostly on a whim and only about an hour before it closed, but the museum was practically empty and it was so perfect. We enjoyed the live butterfly pavilion, but she really loved the gemstone exhibit – and who can blame her? Sparkly things in bright colors? Perfect for babies! Our afternoon at the museum made me even more excited for spring and summer, when we can do more outdoor things with Sophie. But in the meantime…
All photos by me via Instagram
…a few links for your weekend!
- LOVE this paper + petal Valentine’s Day pop up shop at Gus & Ruby Letterpress!
- Food for thought: embrace the failure
- Sarah from Parrott Design Studio had such a cute baby shower for her sister
- Congrats to Meg from Moglea on her beautiful new shop!
- This looks like a fun blanket!
- To make: brown butter rosemary orange cornbread
This week on Oh So Beautiful Paper:
- Gorgeous modern destination wedding invitations from Mae Mae Paperie!
- Beautiful calligraphy wedding invitations
- Say “I love you” in many languages with these multilingual wedding invitations
- A lovely DIY wedding invitation tutorial inspired by ferns
- Illustrated map wedding invitations
- NYIGF Part 8: Fisk & Fern, a.favorite design, Caroline Gardner, 1973, Tattly, Rock Scissor Paper, Viva Greetings, Austin Press
- NYIGF Part 7 – Jewelry: Prismera, Molly M Designs, Hortense, Paper Wings, Kiel Mead, Rebecca Overmann, Laurel Denise,
- NYIGF Part 6 – Babies + Kids: 3 Sprouts, Wee Gallery, Uncle Goose, Petit Collage, Loralin Design
- Some heart inspiration for your day-of wedding stationery
- Valentine’s Day is next week! Here’s a final round up of Valentine’s Day cards
We’ve got a little pre-Valentine’s Day treat coming up for you this afternoon… I don’t want to spoil the surprise, so check back a bit later this afternoon! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and I’ll see you back here on Monday! xoxo