In all the hubbub of Alt last week, I kind of forgot about an important personal milestone – the anniversary of my husband’s deployment to Iraq. He’s now been home as long as he was deployed, but I still wake up every day feeling grateful that he’s here. Everything felt so chaotic and overwhelming this time last year; a feeling that continued up until the day he came home. So if you know of anyone with a spouse or family member deployed overseas, give them a few extra hugs – I’m sure they would appreciate it. I’m looking forward to enjoying a weekend here in DC before heading up to NYC on Sunday for the New York International Gift Fair and to help judge the 2012 Louie Awards. But in the meantime…
…a few links for your weekend!
- Quite possibly the cutest kitchen shop ever
- Some excellent advice about trade shows from Carina of Crow and Canary
- Inspiring prints
- Wiley Valentine has a brand new ketubah collection!
- The Elevated Envelope is back! Sign up here!
This week on Oh So Beautiful Paper:
- Amanda + David’s whimsical fold out wedding invitations
- Travel-inspired destination wedding invitations
- A few favorite Valentine’s Day cards: Part 3, Part 4, and Part 5
- Beautiful calligraphy from Fat Orange Cat Studio
- Inspired by: Papercuts!
- A beautiful collaboration between Pigeon Toe ceramics and Shanna Murray
A big welcome to the newest Designer Rolodex members!
As usual, we have a fun cocktail coming up for you this afternoon, so check back a bit later for the recipe! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and I’ll see you back here on Monday with some favorite finds from the Gift Fair! xoxo
Photo Credit: Madelene Lindqvist